Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Real Deal

Even though I rave about cheeseburgers I love a good slice of pie. My friends Jennifer and Elin are suckers for slices, too, so we headed to East Nashville. Since hearing about all the new pizza joints there we settled on Pizzereal and were not disappointed. We shared their Mezethakia which is an appetizer of Kalamata olives, plum tomatoes and red onions with a dousing of their homemade (Greek-like) dressing...more of an oil base than the traditional, vinegar-y variety. Their homemade bread was perfect for concocting little sandwiches.

After laying a base we dove into the special Spinaci pizza - loaded with mozzarella, sprinkled with just enough spinach. They also throw on pepperoni and mushrooms - it's the pie of my dreams essentially. Their dough is a perfect consistency...not too thick not too thin. It's a little oily but I like a some grease.

When I break my pie fetish I'm eager to go back for Pizzereal's shish kebobs and Greek salad. Until then...

KEEP EATING OUT, NASHVILLE!

PS - A new menu available at Agave soon...we hear the old chef is gone and a good friend of ours is guiding the ship. Hope to have yummy news to report soon. However, we noshed last week on the brisket enchiladas and enjoyed. Some of the other dishes are blah so just drink down the fantastic margaritas instead!

Featured sites:
Pizzereal
http://pizzereal.com/ (615) 226-2206
203 N 11th StreetEast Nashville, TN 37206-2702

No comments: