Friday, July 11, 2008

Tuna Roll this Exit

Off the Old Hickory I-40 East exit in none other than the Dirty Herm an unsuspecting joint is rolling up something you don't smoke.  In a non-descript shopping strip where you still hear the hum of traffic is Taki Sushi.  This small restaurant does a great job disguising the environment beyond (all windows are discretely covered.)  The staff is friendly and the food is prepared quickly, but to-order (in typical Japanese fashion).


I can be a little boring when it comes to the raw stuff.  However, the Spicy Tuna, Be My Guest (fresh salmon, cuke, avocado, tobiko and spicy mayo mix) and Dragon rolls were all fresh, rolled tight and made me forget the humble surroundings of Taki.


Lunch is a steal:  $5-6 rolls and combos at $7-8.  Take out acceptable. Their miso soup, Ebi Tempura Roll and seaweed salad are adequate.  I want to try the Pepper Tuna next.  So when in Hermitage (Taki's open 7 days a week!), stop for sushi, but most importantly...


KEEP EATING OUT, NASHVILLE!


Featured sites:
Taki Sushi
5760 Old Hickory Blvd. 106
Hermitage  37076
883-5519

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for suggesting this. I don't know if I would have found it otherwise.

Anonymous said...

i was a regular and at one time I would have agreed with most of the positive comments, although I never thought the staff were any friendly. However after being a regular customer for years and even bringing coworkers there are lunch, I will never eat at Taki again. I was given bad fish, bad raw fish a possible health concern, on purpose. Being a loyal customer, I called Taki thinking a mistake was made. After explaining the situation, they hung up on me. So I went back to Taki, hoping they would make things right. They quickly tossed the bad fish and screamed at me to get out. Never once did they dispute the bad fish or apologize or offer to make it right or offer anything. Now, if they treat their regular customers like this they cannot understand the value of customers or of quality food.

Anonymous said...

I heard they are slow and are cutting corners with the food