Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's Been a While

My last post in September was telling because it was shortly after that Yancy and I found out we're expecting. A funny thing happened on the way to the forum, my culinary preferences landed in the toilet. Suddenly, a nauseous pregnant lady was craving such delights as chicken nuggets, mac-n-cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches. This didn't exactly give me much to write about.

However, post Christmas my appetite is back! I'm excited to say that after reading Carrington Fox rave about Smiling Elephant, we have ventured twice since. The Pad Thai, as simple a dish as it is, really is better here than anywhere in Nashville. Beware of the spice in other dishes as I found out that hot (not even up to spicy Thai) can be pretty flaming.

I'm obsessed with their lemongrass hot tea, great for this time of year. Don't miss the Pad Kra Pao - my hubs favorite with the egg to top. We felt like we were back in Bangkok eating from a street vendor. One look around Smiling Elephant's all wood-crafted interior will make you forget the street and feel like you're hanging in an upscale Thai Raan Aharn.

So whether you are suffering winter blues or a sicky pregnancy, KEEP EATING OUT NASHVILLE!

Featured Site:
Smiling Elephant
2213 Eighth Avenue South
891-4488
Check on The Scene review at http://tr.im/QPl5

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Urteter nuytre: http://moyrod.sufx.net

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book
or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same information you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information.
I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested,
feel free to send me an email.
my site :: www.Gogreenkolkata.org

Anonymous said...

http://www.dolabuy.com/celine-bags.htm celine handbag louis vuitton store soho nyc tradesman anesthetize louis vuitton locations in southern california louis vuitton replica handbags australia senatorial sir handle sickness thankful celine bags