Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Eastern Exposure

Much buzzed 'bout Eastland keeps impressing me. While I ate there last week (old menu) I can't wait to get back for their fall-ish fare. However, here are a few of the highlights of my last meal with Elin, Tim, Hank Adam and Yancy. After only 1 vodka drink Hank came up with a breakthrough rating system for meals: CLICKS. After all, we all like taking things up a notch. Clicks relate to Michelin stars - four's the sky.

-Ribeye with arugula salad. Smokey and cooked just right! Elin cleans her plate. 3 clicks.
-Fried Calamari - love the red pepper sauce on the bottom and the lemon/chive aioli on top. Yanc frets over both sauces on same dish. 3 clicks
-Iceberg wedge - Hank and I love the fried green tomatoes and they chopped it special for him. 3 1/2 clicks
- Shrimp and grits - fantastic brown gravy with large shrimp. Grits are a perfect 1 part creamy, 1 part firm. 3 1/2 clicks.

Plus, we had a friendly waitress, Brooke (a name I can remember) who brought us two "clicks" of raspberry sorbet on top our chocolate torte. The torte was ok but the extra sorbet put a smile on our faces before trekking back west.

I promise to check out the new menu soon and report. Until then...

KEEP EATING OUT, NASHVILLE!

No comments: